Over the past 25 years, Dr. Chapra has conducted over 70
workshops and shortcourses in the United States and abroad. Some of
the courses are listed below:
- Toxicant Modeling in Lakes and Reservoirs, Workshop, NALMS
13th International Symposium, Seattle, WA, December 4, 1993.
- Modeling of Eutrophication in Impoundments, University of
Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil, July 29-August 2, 1996.
- Water-Quality Modeling of Lakes and Reservoirs, Beginners
Workshop, NALMS 16th International Symposium, Minneapolis, Minn,
November 13, 1996.
- Water-Quality Modeling Workshop for TMDLs, Washington State
Department of Ecology, Olympia,WA, June 25-28, 2001.
- Application of QUAL2K for River Eutrophication TMDLs, U.S.
Environmental Protection Agency, South Dakota School of Mines
and Technology, Rapid City, SD, July 10-13, 2007.
- Introduction to Water Quality Issues and Modelling, SA Water
Research Commission and SA Dept. of Water Affairs and Forestry,
Pretoria, South Africa, January 21-22, 2008
- QUAL2K Hands-One Water Quality Workshop. Department of
Environmental Engineering; Institute of Environment and
BioSystem Research; Chungnam National University, Daejeon,
Republic of Korea, July 21, 2011.
- Advanced Water Quality Workshop with Qual2K. Santiago,
Chile, Ministerio del Medio Ambiente, March, 21-22, 2012.
- Lake Water Quality Modeling with Lake2K. University of
Brescia, Department of Civil Engineering, Architecture, Land and
Environment, Brescia, Italy, May 29-June 1, 2012.
- Seminario Internacional: Modelación de la calidad del agua
superficial. Universidad de los Andes, Bogota, Columbia, June
Presentations range from general overviews to specific topic
areas and models. Lately, Dr. Chapra's book
Surface Water Quality Modeling has been serving as the course
notes. The book's coverage is broad enough that it allows
customization of the needs of the attendees. For example, it
emphasizes particular waterbodies (e.g., streams), pollutants (e.g.,
nutrients) or models (e.g., QUAL2K) for specific audiences. He also
tries to mix lectures with hands-on modeling.
If you would like to discuss the possibility of a workshop in
conjunction with your organization, please e-mail
with "QUAL2K Training" in the subject line.
Fees are negotiable, particularly if there's some quality fishing
experience and excellent local cuisine associated with my visit. And
any courses in Alaska or Hawaii get a special discount.
here for hands on QUAL2K exercises.
- Other modules coming soon!